Series of photographs for the book -The Art of acclimating plants, the garden of the Villa Thuret - by Catherine Ducatillion and Landy Blanc-Chabaud, published by Editions Quae. © INRA, SLAGMULDER Christian

Plants also feel, move and communicate!

Sensitivity to the wind: touch

INRA scientists have demonstrated the crucial role of the wind in regulating plant growth, showing that it has a major impact on crop or forest yields.  They have modelled this phenomenon in order to predict the resistance of plants to lodging or fracture.

By Pascale Mollier, translated by Vicky Hawken
Updated on 09/04/2014
Published on 07/30/2014

When you look at a cultivated field, all the plants are of a relatively homogeneous height.  Similarly, forest canopies are characterised by a dominant height.  How is it possible to explain this phenomenon, when behaviours can differ markedly following seed germination, resulting in discrepancies that may be considerable? Bruno Moulia gives two explanations: "firstly, the plant "sees" its neighbour by capturing the dark red light it reflects, at any point on the stem.  So if it is taller than its neighbour, the top of its stem no longer captures dark red, which gives it a perception of its own height (see Part 2). Secondly, a taller plant is more exposed to the wind, whose effect is to slow down its growth in height".  This dual perception allows plants in a field or a forest to grow in a relatively coordinated manner.

 Wind as a regulator of growth

  Alfalfa surrounded by netting that prevents it from moving with the wind grows higher than in the open field.. © INRA, Bruno Moulia
Alfalfa surrounded by netting that prevents it from moving with the wind grows higher than in the open field. © INRA, Bruno Moulia
As early as 2005, Bruno Moulia's team observed that alfalfa surrounded by netting that prevented it from moving with the wind grew higher than in the open field.  "If we continue to protect it from the wind by raising the height of the netting as the plants grow, it will continue to grow without stopping",  explained the scientist.  Under natural conditions, the wind can restrict the growth of a plant by a factor of between 0 and 50%, with important consequences with respect to yield.  Plants become tougher in the wind: they adapt their height as a function of their wind exposure, so the stronger the winds, the shorter they will grow.

The reasons underlying wind sensitivity

Scientists have established that like animals, plants perceive the wind through a mechanical deformation of their cells.  The "pressure" of the wind distorts the cell membrane and acts on the mechanically sensitive channels that activate ionic currents.  Within a few seconds, the stimulus propagates towards growth zones via a process analogous to a nerve impulse.  It appears that there is also a hydraulic component, a pressure wave transmitted via xylem.  Finally, using transcriptomic methods, the researchers have shown that this response to wind modifies the expression of around 2000 to 3000 genes, and they have identified the initial regulating factors.

A model to predict wind susceptibility

 Based on knowledge acquired on the mechanisms underlying plant responses to wind, scientists have developed a model that integrates the different stages: distortion by the wind, perception by the plant, signalling to growth zones and finally the response of growth zones.  This model can predict the quantities and positions of the genes thus expressed, and at the whole plant level can predict growth in terms of height and diameter.  A collaborative project with the Joint Research Unit for Forest and Wood Resource Studies (UMR 1092, LERFOB) in Nancy is now trying to apply this model to the beech, in order to  contribute to anticipating the risks of fractures in trees.

The height of rose bushes is regulated by bars that pass regularly over the plants to bend them, thus imitating the effect of the wind.. © INRA, Bruno Moulia
The height of rose bushes is regulated by bars that pass regularly over the plants to bend them, thus imitating the effect of the wind. © INRA, Bruno Moulia

 

In horticultural greenhouses in Angers that are by definition sheltered from the wind, scientists and their professional partners are developing systems to restrict the growth of plants.  Bars or straps are regularly passed over the plants to bend their stems, thus imitating the effect of the wind and enabling the control of their height growth and ramification.

 

(1) LERFoB: UMR1092 LERFoB Joint Research Unit for Forest and Wood Resource Studies, INRA Nancy.

Contact(s)
Scientific contact(s):

Associated Division(s):
Attribute Type Value
node_id string 101401
parent_node_id string 232
main_node_id string 101401
contentobject_id string 94861
contentobject_version string 65
contentobject_is_published string 1
depth string 3
sort_field string 1
sort_order string 1
priority string 1
modified_subnode string 1508487085
path_string string '/1/2/232/101401/'
path_identification_string string 'sitedept/deptunite25'
remote_id string '651a4ccb4b3fb387aeaa290350b03a87'
is_hidden string 0
is_invisible string 0
name string 'Environment and Agronomy'
data_map array Array(33)
>seo object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
>title object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
>bloc_xml_introduction object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
>bloc_xml_presentation object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
>shortchapo object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
>zoom_news object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
>url object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
>mail_contact object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
>contact object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
>address object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
>robots object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
>metadescription object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
>centercode object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
>pathprefix object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
>display_twitterbar object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
>url_communitylink1 object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
>logo_communitylink1 object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
>url_communitylink2 object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
>logo_communitylink2 object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
>url_communitylink3 object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
>logo_communitylink3 object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
>url_communitylink4 object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
>logo_communitylink4 object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
>bloc_edito_intro object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
>bloc_edito_presentation object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
>jobdisplay object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
>visual object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
>credits object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
>mentions object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
>arborh object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
>extranet_link object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
>jobteaser object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
>urlteaser object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
object object[eZContentObject] Object
>id string 94861
>section_id string 1
>owner_id string 14
>contentclass_id string 50
>name string 'Environment and Agronomy'
>published string 1358170463
>modified string 1489677208
>current_version string 65
>status string 1
>remote_id string '720ef9b1162eaba72f870ec202a2a570'
>language_mask string 6
>initial_language_id string 2
>current object[eZContentObjectVersion] Object
>versions array Array(10)
>author_array array Array(1)
>class_name string 'Département : Site'
>content_class object[eZContentClass] Object
>contentobject_attributes array Array(33)
>owner object[eZContentObject] Object
>related_contentobject_array array Array(0)
>related_contentobject_count string 0
>reverse_related_contentobject_array array Array(0)
>reverse_related_contentobject_count string 2
>linked_contentobject_array array Array(0)
>linked_contentobject_count string 0
>reverse_linked_contentobject_array array Array(0)
>reverse_linked_contentobject_count string 2
>embedded_contentobject_array array Array(0)
>embedded_contentobject_count string 0
>reverse_embedded_contentobject_array array Array(0)
>reverse_embedded_contentobject_count string 0
>can_read boolean true
>can_pdf boolean true
>can_diff boolean false
>can_create boolean false
>can_create_class_list array Array(0)
>can_edit boolean false
>can_translate boolean false
>can_remove boolean false
>can_move boolean false
>can_move_from boolean false
>can_view_embed boolean false
>data_map array Array(33)
>grouped_data_map array Array(1)
>main_parent_node_id string 232
>assigned_nodes array Array(1)
>parent_nodes array Array(1)
>main_node_id string 101401
>main_node object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>default_language string 'eng-GB'
>content_action_list boolean false
>class_identifier string 'inra_departement'
>class_group_id_list array Array(1)
>match_ingroup_id_list boolean false
>current_language string 'eng-GB'
>current_language_object object[eZContentLanguage] Object
>initial_language object[eZContentLanguage] Object
>initial_language_code string 'fre-FR'
>available_languages array Array(1)
>language_codes array Array(1)
>language_js_array string '[{"locale":"eng-GB","name":"English (United Kingdom)"}]'
>languages array Array(1)
>all_languages array Array(2)
>can_edit_languages array Array(0)
>can_create_languages array Array(0)
>always_available integer 0
>allowed_assign_section_list array Array(1)
>allowed_assign_state_id_list array Array(1)
>allowed_assign_state_list array Array(0)
>state_id_array array Array(1)
>state_identifier_array array Array(1)
subtree array Array(64)
>0 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>1 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>2 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>3 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>4 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>5 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>6 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>7 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>8 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>9 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>10 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>11 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>12 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>13 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>14 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>15 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>16 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>17 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>18 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>19 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>20 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>21 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>22 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>23 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>24 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>25 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>26 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>27 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>28 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>29 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>30 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>31 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>32 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>33 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>34 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>35 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>36 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>37 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>38 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>39 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>40 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>41 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>42 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>43 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>44 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>45 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>46 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>47 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>48 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>49 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>50 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>51 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>52 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>53 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>54 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>55 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>56 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>57 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>58 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>59 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>60 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>61 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>62 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>63 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
children array Array(10)
>0 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>1 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>2 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>3 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>4 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>5 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>6 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>7 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>8 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>9 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
children_count string 10
view_count integer 0
contentobject_version_object object[eZContentObjectVersion] Object
>id string 417499
>contentobject_id string 94861
>creator_id string 95381
>version string 65
>status string 1
>created string 1489677157
>modified string 1489677206
>workflow_event_pos string 0
>user_id string 0
>language_mask string 7
>initial_language_id string 2
>creator object[eZContentObject] Object
>name string 'Environnement et agronomie'
>version_name string 'Environnement et agronomie'
>main_parent_node_id string 232
>contentobject_attributes array Array(33)
>related_contentobject_array array Array(0)
>reverse_related_object_list array Array(0)
>parent_nodes array Array(1)
>can_read boolean false
>can_remove boolean false
>data_map array Array(33)
>node_assignments array Array(1)
>contentobject object[eZContentObject] Object
>initial_language object[eZContentLanguage] Object
>language_list array Array(2)
>translation boolean false
>translation_list array Array(2)
>complete_translation_list array Array(2)
>temp_main_node object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
sort_array array Array(1)
>0 array Array(2)
can_read boolean true
can_pdf boolean true
can_create boolean false
can_edit boolean false
can_hide boolean false
can_remove boolean false
can_move boolean false
can_move_from boolean false
can_add_location boolean false
can_remove_location boolean false
can_view_embed boolean false
is_main boolean true
creator object[eZContentObject] Object
>id string 95381
>section_id string 2
>owner_id string 14
>contentclass_id string 4
>name string 'Waquet Aline'
>published string 1358178750
>modified string 1478509503
>current_version string 2
>status string 1
>remote_id string '78f41ce104024ebe59769f9246748ca9'
>language_mask string 3
>initial_language_id string 2
>current object[eZContentObjectVersion] Object
>versions array Array(2)
>author_array array Array(2)
>class_name string 'User'
>content_class object[eZContentClass] Object
>contentobject_attributes array Array(5)
>owner object[eZContentObject] Object
>related_contentobject_array array Array(0)
>related_contentobject_count string 0
>reverse_related_contentobject_array array Array(0)
>reverse_related_contentobject_count string 0
>linked_contentobject_array array Array(0)
>linked_contentobject_count string 0
>reverse_linked_contentobject_array array Array(0)
>reverse_linked_contentobject_count string 0
>embedded_contentobject_array array Array(0)
>embedded_contentobject_count string 0
>reverse_embedded_contentobject_array array Array(0)
>reverse_embedded_contentobject_count string 0
>can_read boolean false
>can_pdf boolean false
>can_diff boolean false
>can_create boolean false
>can_create_class_list array Array(0)
>can_edit boolean false
>can_translate boolean false
>can_remove boolean false
>can_move boolean false
>can_move_from boolean false
>can_view_embed boolean false
>data_map array Array(5)
>grouped_data_map array Array(1)
>main_parent_node_id string 312
>assigned_nodes array Array(3)
>parent_nodes array Array(3)
>main_node_id string 101939
>main_node object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>default_language string 'eng-GB'
>content_action_list boolean false
>class_identifier string 'user'
>class_group_id_list array Array(1)
>match_ingroup_id_list boolean false
>current_language string 'fre-FR'
>current_language_object object[eZContentLanguage] Object
>initial_language object[eZContentLanguage] Object
>initial_language_code string 'fre-FR'
>available_languages array Array(0)
>language_codes array Array(0)
>language_js_array boolean false
>languages array Array(0)
>all_languages array Array(1)
>can_edit_languages array Array(0)
>can_create_languages array Array(0)
>always_available integer 1
>allowed_assign_section_list array Array(1)
>allowed_assign_state_id_list array Array(1)
>allowed_assign_state_list array Array(0)
>state_id_array array Array(1)
>state_identifier_array array Array(1)
path_with_names string 'sitedept/deptunite25'
path array Array(2)
>0 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>1 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
path_array array Array(4)
>0 integer 1
>1 integer 2
>2 integer 232
>3 integer 101401
parent object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>node_id string 232
>parent_node_id string 2
>main_node_id string 232
>contentobject_id string 219
>contentobject_version string 61
>contentobject_is_published string 1
>depth string 2
>sort_field string 9
>sort_order string 1
>priority string 2
>modified_subnode string 1508487085
>path_string string '/1/2/232/'
>path_identification_string string 'sitedept'
>remote_id string '702cee6c5bb3a0f2459eb4705cbf71aa'
>is_hidden string 0
>is_invisible string 0
>name string 'INRA Divisions'
>data_map array Array(23)
>object object[eZContentObject] Object
>subtree array Array(826)
>children array Array(17)
>children_count string 17
>view_count integer 0
>contentobject_version_object object[eZContentObjectVersion] Object
>sort_array array Array(1)
>can_read boolean true
>can_pdf boolean true
>can_create boolean false
>can_edit boolean false
>can_hide boolean false
>can_remove boolean false
>can_move boolean false
>can_move_from boolean false
>can_add_location boolean false
>can_remove_location boolean false
>can_view_embed boolean false
>is_main boolean true
>creator object[eZContentObject] Object
>path_with_names string 'sitedept'
>path array Array(1)
>path_array array Array(3)
>parent object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>url string 'sitedept'
>url_alias string 'sitedept'
>class_identifier string 'inra_site_departements'
>class_name string 'Départements : Dispatch'
>hidden_invisible_string string '-/-'
>hidden_status_string string 'Visible'
>classes_js_array string '[{"classID":57,"name":"Actualit\u00e9"},{"classID":131,"name":"Annuaire : Rubrique"},{"classID":16,"name":"Article"},{"classID":17,"name":"Article (main-page)"},{"classID":18,"name":"Article (sub-page)"},{"classID":42,"name":"Banner"},{"classID":19,"name":"Blog"},{"classID":81,"name":"Blog : Billet"},{"classID":101,"name":"Blog : Billet marque blanche"},{"classID":62,"name":"Blog : Blog"},{"classID":99,"name":"Blog : Blog marque blanche"},{"classID":82,"name":"Blog : Rubrique additionnelle"},{"classID":20,"name":"Blog post"},{"classID":127,"name":"Br\u00e8ve"},{"classID":60,"name":"Carrousel : Actu de carrousel"},{"classID":143,"name":"Carrousel : Diapositive autonome"},{"classID":168,"name":"Carrousels"},{"classID":56,"name":"Centre : Site"},{"classID":94,"name":"Centres : Dispatch"},{"classID":13,"name":"Comment"},{"classID":50,"name":"D\u00e9partement : Site"},{"classID":95,"name":"D\u00e9partements : Dispatch"},{"classID":71,"name":"Digital Asset (Media)"},{"classID":24,"name":"Documentation page"},{"classID":154,"name":"Dossier"},{"classID":116,"name":"Dossier 'Parutions'"},{"classID":76,"name":"Dossier 'Quizs'"},{"classID":169,"name":"Dossier actu secondaire"},{"classID":89,"name":"Ev\u00e9nement"},{"classID":88,"name":"Ev\u00e9nements : Racine"},{"classID":40,"name":"Event"},{"classID":41,"name":"Event calendar"},{"classID":22,"name":"Feedback form"},{"classID":28,"name":"File"},{"classID":29,"name":"Flash"},{"classID":1,"name":"Folder"},{"classID":37,"name":"Forum"},{"classID":39,"name":"Forum reply"},{"classID":38,"name":"Forum topic"},{"classID":43,"name":"Forums"},{"classID":23,"name":"Frontpage"},{"classID":35,"name":"Gallery"},{"classID":36,"name":"Geo Article"},{"classID":145,"name":"Glossaire : Mot"},{"classID":30,"name":"Image"},{"classID":25,"name":"Infobox"},{"classID":130,"name":"Instit : Fiche Annuaire"},{"classID":140,"name":"Instit : Nous trouver"},{"classID":48,"name":"Instit : Racine"},{"classID":133,"name":"Instit : Rubrique 'Actu'"},{"classID":139,"name":"Instit : Th\u00e8me 'Annuaire'"},{"classID":134,"name":"Instit : Th\u00e8me 'Missions'"},{"classID":137,"name":"Instit : Th\u00e8me 'Organisation'"},{"classID":135,"name":"Instit : Th\u00e8me 'Rep\u00e8res'"},{"classID":136,"name":"Instit : Th\u00e8me 'Strat\u00e9gie'"},{"classID":46,"name":"Kiosque : Racine"},{"classID":31,"name":"Link"},{"classID":201,"name":"Logo"},{"classID":72,"name":"Magazine"},{"classID":142,"name":"Mediath\u00e8que : Mot cl\u00e9"},{"classID":149,"name":"Mediath\u00e8que : Playlist"},{"classID":52,"name":"Mediath\u00e8que : Racine"},{"classID":150,"name":"Mediath\u00e8que : Rubrique 'Mots cl\u00e9s'"},{"classID":148,"name":"Mediath\u00e8que : Rubrique 'Playlist'"},{"classID":141,"name":"Mediath\u00e8que : Rubrique 'Zoom'"},{"classID":199,"name":"Mediath\u00e8que : Rubrique simple"},{"classID":121,"name":"M\u00e9taprogramme : Site"},{"classID":96,"name":"M\u00e9taprogrammes : Dispatch"},{"classID":161,"name":"Mon Compte"},{"classID":124,"name":"Mon Compte : Utilisateur Front"},{"classID":26,"name":"Multicalendar"},{"classID":119,"name":"Newsletter : Abonn\u00e9"},{"classID":104,"name":"Newsletter : Bloc s\u00e9l\u00e9ction"},{"classID":105,"name":"Newsletter : Bloc texte"},{"classID":103,"name":"Newsletter : Campagne simple"},{"classID":102,"name":"Newsletter : Campagne sp\u00e9ciale"},{"classID":120,"name":"Newsletter : Dossier 'Abonn\u00e9s'"},{"classID":122,"name":"Newsletter : Dossier 'D\u00e9sinscrits'"},{"classID":125,"name":"Newsletter : Dossier 'Entreprises'"},{"classID":126,"name":"Newsletter : Entreprise"},{"classID":100,"name":"Newsletter : Newsletter"},{"classID":92,"name":"Parution"},{"classID":27,"name":"Poll"},{"classID":47,"name":"Portail : Canal"},{"classID":45,"name":"Portail : Racine"},{"classID":53,"name":"Portail : Th\u00e8me"},{"classID":185,"name":"Portrait"},{"classID":163,"name":"Portrait Old"},{"classID":87,"name":"Presse : Accueil public"},{"classID":108,"name":"Presse : Biographie"},{"classID":91,"name":"Presse : Communiqu\u00e9"},{"classID":118,"name":"Presse : Dossier 'Biographies'"},{"classID":112,"name":"Presse : Dossier 'Communiqu\u00e9s'"},{"classID":115,"name":"Presse : Dossier 'Dossiers de presse'"},{"classID":203,"name":"Presse : Dossier 'Kits de presse'"},{"classID":107,"name":"Presse : Dossier de presse"},{"classID":63,"name":"Presse : Inscription"},{"classID":205,"name":"Presse : Kit de presse"},{"classID":51,"name":"Presse : Racine"},{"classID":21,"name":"Product"},{"classID":32,"name":"Quicktime"},{"classID":73,"name":"Quiz : Accueil"},{"classID":74,"name":"Quiz : Question"},{"classID":195,"name":"Quiz : question - r\u00e9ponse"},{"classID":75,"name":"Quiz : R\u00e9ponse"},{"classID":69,"name":"Racine"},{"classID":34,"name":"Real video"},{"classID":179,"name":"RH : Annonce permanente"},{"classID":176,"name":"RH : Annonce temporaire"},{"classID":181,"name":"RH : Article simple"},{"classID":172,"name":"RH : Campagne permanente"},{"classID":180,"name":"RH : Campagne temporaire"},{"classID":207,"name":"RH : Connexion Espagnole"},{"classID":187,"name":"RH : Discipline scientifique"},{"classID":193,"name":"RH : Domaine professionnel"},{"classID":165,"name":"RH : dossier 'Portraits'"},{"classID":177,"name":"RH : Dossier Reportages"},{"classID":183,"name":"RH : Fichier description"},{"classID":184,"name":"RH : Fichier inscription"},{"classID":178,"name":"RH : Folder annonces"},{"classID":197,"name":"RH : mobilit\u00e9 internationale"},{"classID":171,"name":"RH : Proc\u00e9dure"},{"classID":49,"name":"RH : Racine"},{"classID":175,"name":"RH : R\u00e9gion"},{"classID":167,"name":"RH : Rubrique"},{"classID":164,"name":"RH : Rubrique 'Actu'"},{"classID":170,"name":"RH : Rubrique emploi"},{"classID":174,"name":"RH : textes candidatures"},{"classID":189,"name":"RH : Type d'annonce"},{"classID":191,"name":"RH : Type nature de contrat"},{"classID":106,"name":"RSS : Flux"},{"classID":129,"name":"Rubrique texte simple"},{"classID":146,"name":"SEO : Robots txt"},{"classID":147,"name":"SEO : Sitemap xml"},{"classID":151,"name":"SEO : Valeurs par d\u00e9faut"},{"classID":44,"name":"Silverlight"},{"classID":166,"name":"Sites : Rubrique"},{"classID":33,"name":"Windows media"},{"classID":182,"name":"Xiti : Identifiants Home"}]'
>is_container string 1
url string 'sitedept/deptunite25'
url_alias string 'sitedept/deptunite25'
class_identifier string 'inra_departement'
class_name string 'Département : Site'
hidden_invisible_string string '-/-'
hidden_status_string string 'Visible'
classes_js_array string '[{"classID":57,"name":"Actualit\u00e9"},{"classID":131,"name":"Annuaire : Rubrique"},{"classID":16,"name":"Article"},{"classID":17,"name":"Article (main-page)"},{"classID":18,"name":"Article (sub-page)"},{"classID":42,"name":"Banner"},{"classID":19,"name":"Blog"},{"classID":81,"name":"Blog : Billet"},{"classID":101,"name":"Blog : Billet marque blanche"},{"classID":62,"name":"Blog : Blog"},{"classID":99,"name":"Blog : Blog marque blanche"},{"classID":82,"name":"Blog : Rubrique additionnelle"},{"classID":20,"name":"Blog post"},{"classID":127,"name":"Br\u00e8ve"},{"classID":60,"name":"Carrousel : Actu de carrousel"},{"classID":143,"name":"Carrousel : Diapositive autonome"},{"classID":168,"name":"Carrousels"},{"classID":56,"name":"Centre : Site"},{"classID":94,"name":"Centres : Dispatch"},{"classID":13,"name":"Comment"},{"classID":50,"name":"D\u00e9partement : Site"},{"classID":95,"name":"D\u00e9partements : Dispatch"},{"classID":71,"name":"Digital Asset (Media)"},{"classID":24,"name":"Documentation page"},{"classID":154,"name":"Dossier"},{"classID":116,"name":"Dossier 'Parutions'"},{"classID":76,"name":"Dossier 'Quizs'"},{"classID":169,"name":"Dossier actu secondaire"},{"classID":89,"name":"Ev\u00e9nement"},{"classID":88,"name":"Ev\u00e9nements : Racine"},{"classID":40,"name":"Event"},{"classID":41,"name":"Event calendar"},{"classID":22,"name":"Feedback form"},{"classID":28,"name":"File"},{"classID":29,"name":"Flash"},{"classID":1,"name":"Folder"},{"classID":37,"name":"Forum"},{"classID":39,"name":"Forum reply"},{"classID":38,"name":"Forum topic"},{"classID":43,"name":"Forums"},{"classID":23,"name":"Frontpage"},{"classID":35,"name":"Gallery"},{"classID":36,"name":"Geo Article"},{"classID":145,"name":"Glossaire : Mot"},{"classID":30,"name":"Image"},{"classID":25,"name":"Infobox"},{"classID":130,"name":"Instit : Fiche Annuaire"},{"classID":140,"name":"Instit : Nous trouver"},{"classID":48,"name":"Instit : Racine"},{"classID":133,"name":"Instit : Rubrique 'Actu'"},{"classID":139,"name":"Instit : Th\u00e8me 'Annuaire'"},{"classID":134,"name":"Instit : Th\u00e8me 'Missions'"},{"classID":137,"name":"Instit : Th\u00e8me 'Organisation'"},{"classID":135,"name":"Instit : Th\u00e8me 'Rep\u00e8res'"},{"classID":136,"name":"Instit : Th\u00e8me 'Strat\u00e9gie'"},{"classID":46,"name":"Kiosque : Racine"},{"classID":31,"name":"Link"},{"classID":201,"name":"Logo"},{"classID":72,"name":"Magazine"},{"classID":142,"name":"Mediath\u00e8que : Mot cl\u00e9"},{"classID":149,"name":"Mediath\u00e8que : Playlist"},{"classID":52,"name":"Mediath\u00e8que : Racine"},{"classID":150,"name":"Mediath\u00e8que : Rubrique 'Mots cl\u00e9s'"},{"classID":148,"name":"Mediath\u00e8que : Rubrique 'Playlist'"},{"classID":141,"name":"Mediath\u00e8que : Rubrique 'Zoom'"},{"classID":199,"name":"Mediath\u00e8que : Rubrique simple"},{"classID":121,"name":"M\u00e9taprogramme : Site"},{"classID":96,"name":"M\u00e9taprogrammes : Dispatch"},{"classID":161,"name":"Mon Compte"},{"classID":124,"name":"Mon Compte : Utilisateur Front"},{"classID":26,"name":"Multicalendar"},{"classID":119,"name":"Newsletter : Abonn\u00e9"},{"classID":104,"name":"Newsletter : Bloc s\u00e9l\u00e9ction"},{"classID":105,"name":"Newsletter : Bloc texte"},{"classID":103,"name":"Newsletter : Campagne simple"},{"classID":102,"name":"Newsletter : Campagne sp\u00e9ciale"},{"classID":120,"name":"Newsletter : Dossier 'Abonn\u00e9s'"},{"classID":122,"name":"Newsletter : Dossier 'D\u00e9sinscrits'"},{"classID":125,"name":"Newsletter : Dossier 'Entreprises'"},{"classID":126,"name":"Newsletter : Entreprise"},{"classID":100,"name":"Newsletter : Newsletter"},{"classID":92,"name":"Parution"},{"classID":27,"name":"Poll"},{"classID":47,"name":"Portail : Canal"},{"classID":45,"name":"Portail : Racine"},{"classID":53,"name":"Portail : Th\u00e8me"},{"classID":185,"name":"Portrait"},{"classID":163,"name":"Portrait Old"},{"classID":87,"name":"Presse : Accueil public"},{"classID":108,"name":"Presse : Biographie"},{"classID":91,"name":"Presse : Communiqu\u00e9"},{"classID":118,"name":"Presse : Dossier 'Biographies'"},{"classID":112,"name":"Presse : Dossier 'Communiqu\u00e9s'"},{"classID":115,"name":"Presse : Dossier 'Dossiers de presse'"},{"classID":203,"name":"Presse : Dossier 'Kits de presse'"},{"classID":107,"name":"Presse : Dossier de presse"},{"classID":63,"name":"Presse : Inscription"},{"classID":205,"name":"Presse : Kit de presse"},{"classID":51,"name":"Presse : Racine"},{"classID":21,"name":"Product"},{"classID":32,"name":"Quicktime"},{"classID":73,"name":"Quiz : Accueil"},{"classID":74,"name":"Quiz : Question"},{"classID":195,"name":"Quiz : question - r\u00e9ponse"},{"classID":75,"name":"Quiz : R\u00e9ponse"},{"classID":69,"name":"Racine"},{"classID":34,"name":"Real video"},{"classID":179,"name":"RH : Annonce permanente"},{"classID":176,"name":"RH : Annonce temporaire"},{"classID":181,"name":"RH : Article simple"},{"classID":172,"name":"RH : Campagne permanente"},{"classID":180,"name":"RH : Campagne temporaire"},{"classID":207,"name":"RH : Connexion Espagnole"},{"classID":187,"name":"RH : Discipline scientifique"},{"classID":193,"name":"RH : Domaine professionnel"},{"classID":165,"name":"RH : dossier 'Portraits'"},{"classID":177,"name":"RH : Dossier Reportages"},{"classID":183,"name":"RH : Fichier description"},{"classID":184,"name":"RH : Fichier inscription"},{"classID":178,"name":"RH : Folder annonces"},{"classID":197,"name":"RH : mobilit\u00e9 internationale"},{"classID":171,"name":"RH : Proc\u00e9dure"},{"classID":49,"name":"RH : Racine"},{"classID":175,"name":"RH : R\u00e9gion"},{"classID":167,"name":"RH : Rubrique"},{"classID":164,"name":"RH : Rubrique 'Actu'"},{"classID":170,"name":"RH : Rubrique emploi"},{"classID":174,"name":"RH : textes candidatures"},{"classID":189,"name":"RH : Type d'annonce"},{"classID":191,"name":"RH : Type nature de contrat"},{"classID":106,"name":"RSS : Flux"},{"classID":129,"name":"Rubrique texte simple"},{"classID":146,"name":"SEO : Robots txt"},{"classID":147,"name":"SEO : Sitemap xml"},{"classID":151,"name":"SEO : Valeurs par d\u00e9faut"},{"classID":44,"name":"Silverlight"},{"classID":166,"name":"Sites : Rubrique"},{"classID":33,"name":"Windows media"},{"classID":182,"name":"Xiti : Identifiants Home"}]'
is_container string 1
Environment and Agronomy,
Attribute Type Value
node_id string 101387
parent_node_id string 232
main_node_id string 101387
contentobject_id string 94847
contentobject_version string 43
contentobject_is_published string 1
depth string 3
sort_field string 1
sort_order string 1
priority string 1
modified_subnode string 1508481543
path_string string '/1/2/232/101387/'
path_identification_string string 'sitedept/deptunite24'
remote_id string '72997cd35ac38c6e9e5a1c4423a3330c'
is_hidden string 0
is_invisible string 0
name string 'Forest, Grassland and Freshwater Ecology'
data_map array Array(33)
>seo object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
>title object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
>bloc_xml_introduction object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
>bloc_xml_presentation object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
>shortchapo object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
>zoom_news object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
>url object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
>mail_contact object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
>contact object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
>address object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
>robots object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
>metadescription object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
>centercode object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
>pathprefix object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
>display_twitterbar object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
>url_communitylink1 object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
>logo_communitylink1 object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
>url_communitylink2 object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
>logo_communitylink2 object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
>url_communitylink3 object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
>logo_communitylink3 object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
>url_communitylink4 object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
>logo_communitylink4 object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
>bloc_edito_intro object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
>bloc_edito_presentation object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
>jobdisplay object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
>visual object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
>credits object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
>mentions object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
>arborh object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
>extranet_link object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
>jobteaser object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
>urlteaser object[eZContentObjectAttribute] Object
object object[eZContentObject] Object
>id string 94847
>section_id string 1
>owner_id string 14
>contentclass_id string 50
>name string 'Forest, Grassland and Freshwater Ecology'
>published string 1358170336
>modified string 1507714819
>current_version string 43
>status string 1
>remote_id string 'ba4dc59b66f702342ae7b66238acda5a'
>language_mask string 6
>initial_language_id string 2
>current object[eZContentObjectVersion] Object
>versions array Array(10)
>author_array array Array(5)
>class_name string 'Département : Site'
>content_class object[eZContentClass] Object
>contentobject_attributes array Array(33)
>owner object[eZContentObject] Object
>related_contentobject_array array Array(0)
>related_contentobject_count string 0
>reverse_related_contentobject_array array Array(0)
>reverse_related_contentobject_count string 7
>linked_contentobject_array array Array(0)
>linked_contentobject_count string 0
>reverse_linked_contentobject_array array Array(0)
>reverse_linked_contentobject_count string 7
>embedded_contentobject_array array Array(0)
>embedded_contentobject_count string 0
>reverse_embedded_contentobject_array array Array(0)
>reverse_embedded_contentobject_count string 0
>can_read boolean true
>can_pdf boolean true
>can_diff boolean false
>can_create boolean false
>can_create_class_list array Array(0)
>can_edit boolean false
>can_translate boolean false
>can_remove boolean false
>can_move boolean false
>can_move_from boolean false
>can_view_embed boolean false
>data_map array Array(33)
>grouped_data_map array Array(1)
>main_parent_node_id string 232
>assigned_nodes array Array(1)
>parent_nodes array Array(1)
>main_node_id string 101387
>main_node object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>default_language string 'eng-GB'
>content_action_list boolean false
>class_identifier string 'inra_departement'
>class_group_id_list array Array(1)
>match_ingroup_id_list boolean false
>current_language string 'eng-GB'
>current_language_object object[eZContentLanguage] Object
>initial_language object[eZContentLanguage] Object
>initial_language_code string 'fre-FR'
>available_languages array Array(1)
>language_codes array Array(1)
>language_js_array string '[{"locale":"eng-GB","name":"English (United Kingdom)"}]'
>languages array Array(1)
>all_languages array Array(2)
>can_edit_languages array Array(0)
>can_create_languages array Array(0)
>always_available integer 0
>allowed_assign_section_list array Array(1)
>allowed_assign_state_id_list array Array(1)
>allowed_assign_state_list array Array(0)
>state_id_array array Array(1)
>state_identifier_array array Array(1)
subtree array Array(57)
>0 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>1 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>2 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>3 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>4 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>5 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>6 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>7 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>8 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>9 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>10 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>11 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>12 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>13 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>14 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>15 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>16 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>17 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>18 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>19 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>20 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>21 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>22 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>23 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>24 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>25 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>26 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>27 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>28 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>29 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>30 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>31 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>32 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>33 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>34 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>35 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>36 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>37 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>38 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>39 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>40 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>41 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>42 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>43 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>44 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>45 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>46 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>47 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>48 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>49 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>50 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>51 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>52 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>53 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>54 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>55 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>56 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
children array Array(9)
>0 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>1 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>2 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>3 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>4 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>5 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>6 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>7 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>8 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
children_count string 9
view_count integer 0
contentobject_version_object object[eZContentObjectVersion] Object
>id string 448115
>contentobject_id string 94847
>creator_id string 192997
>version string 43
>status string 1
>created string 1507714479
>modified string 1507714816
>workflow_event_pos string 0
>user_id string 0
>language_mask string 7
>initial_language_id string 2
>creator object[eZContentObject] Object
>name string 'Écologie des forêts, prairies et milieux aquatiques'
>version_name string 'Écologie des forêts, prairies et milieux aquatiques'
>main_parent_node_id string 232
>contentobject_attributes array Array(33)
>related_contentobject_array array Array(0)
>reverse_related_object_list array Array(0)
>parent_nodes array Array(1)
>can_read boolean false
>can_remove boolean false
>data_map array Array(33)
>node_assignments array Array(1)
>contentobject object[eZContentObject] Object
>initial_language object[eZContentLanguage] Object
>language_list array Array(2)
>translation boolean false
>translation_list array Array(2)
>complete_translation_list array Array(2)
>temp_main_node object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
sort_array array Array(1)
>0 array Array(2)
can_read boolean true
can_pdf boolean true
can_create boolean false
can_edit boolean false
can_hide boolean false
can_remove boolean false
can_move boolean false
can_move_from boolean false
can_add_location boolean false
can_remove_location boolean false
can_view_embed boolean false
is_main boolean true
creator object[eZContentObject] Object
>id string 192997
>section_id string 2
>owner_id string 2314
>contentclass_id string 4
>name string 'Huysentruyt Camille'
>published string 1474446167
>modified string 1474446167
>current_version string 1
>status string 1
>remote_id string '73ae506ed7d70a43b0a2d16209491620'
>language_mask string 3
>initial_language_id string 2
>current object[eZContentObjectVersion] Object
>versions array Array(1)
>author_array array Array(1)
>class_name string 'User'
>content_class object[eZContentClass] Object
>contentobject_attributes array Array(5)
>owner object[eZContentObject] Object
>related_contentobject_array array Array(0)
>related_contentobject_count string 0
>reverse_related_contentobject_array array Array(0)
>reverse_related_contentobject_count string 0
>linked_contentobject_array array Array(0)
>linked_contentobject_count string 0
>reverse_linked_contentobject_array array Array(0)
>reverse_linked_contentobject_count string 0
>embedded_contentobject_array array Array(0)
>embedded_contentobject_count string 0
>reverse_embedded_contentobject_array array Array(0)
>reverse_embedded_contentobject_count string 0
>can_read boolean false
>can_pdf boolean false
>can_diff boolean false
>can_create boolean false
>can_create_class_list array Array(0)
>can_edit boolean false
>can_translate boolean false
>can_remove boolean false
>can_move boolean false
>can_move_from boolean false
>can_view_embed boolean false
>data_map array Array(5)
>grouped_data_map array Array(1)
>main_parent_node_id string 312
>assigned_nodes array Array(2)
>parent_nodes array Array(2)
>main_node_id string 209693
>main_node object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>default_language string 'eng-GB'
>content_action_list boolean false
>class_identifier string 'user'
>class_group_id_list array Array(1)
>match_ingroup_id_list boolean false
>current_language string 'fre-FR'
>current_language_object object[eZContentLanguage] Object
>initial_language object[eZContentLanguage] Object
>initial_language_code string 'fre-FR'
>available_languages array Array(0)
>language_codes array Array(0)
>language_js_array boolean false
>languages array Array(0)
>all_languages array Array(1)
>can_edit_languages array Array(0)
>can_create_languages array Array(0)
>always_available integer 1
>allowed_assign_section_list array Array(1)
>allowed_assign_state_id_list array Array(1)
>allowed_assign_state_list array Array(0)
>state_id_array array Array(1)
>state_identifier_array array Array(1)
path_with_names string 'sitedept/deptunite24'
path array Array(2)
>0 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>1 object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
path_array array Array(4)
>0 integer 1
>1 integer 2
>2 integer 232
>3 integer 101387
parent object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>node_id string 232
>parent_node_id string 2
>main_node_id string 232
>contentobject_id string 219
>contentobject_version string 61
>contentobject_is_published string 1
>depth string 2
>sort_field string 9
>sort_order string 1
>priority string 2
>modified_subnode string 1508487085
>path_string string '/1/2/232/'
>path_identification_string string 'sitedept'
>remote_id string '702cee6c5bb3a0f2459eb4705cbf71aa'
>is_hidden string 0
>is_invisible string 0
>name string 'INRA Divisions'
>data_map array Array(23)
>object object[eZContentObject] Object
>subtree array Array(826)
>children array Array(17)
>children_count string 17
>view_count integer 0
>contentobject_version_object object[eZContentObjectVersion] Object
>sort_array array Array(1)
>can_read boolean true
>can_pdf boolean true
>can_create boolean false
>can_edit boolean false
>can_hide boolean false
>can_remove boolean false
>can_move boolean false
>can_move_from boolean false
>can_add_location boolean false
>can_remove_location boolean false
>can_view_embed boolean false
>is_main boolean true
>creator object[eZContentObject] Object
>path_with_names string 'sitedept'
>path array Array(1)
>path_array array Array(3)
>parent object[eZContentObjectTreeNode] Object
>url string 'sitedept'
>url_alias string 'sitedept'
>class_identifier string 'inra_site_departements'
>class_name string 'Départements : Dispatch'
>hidden_invisible_string string '-/-'
>hidden_status_string string 'Visible'
>classes_js_array string '[{"classID":57,"name":"Actualit\u00e9"},{"classID":131,"name":"Annuaire : Rubrique"},{"classID":16,"name":"Article"},{"classID":17,"name":"Article (main-page)"},{"classID":18,"name":"Article (sub-page)"},{"classID":42,"name":"Banner"},{"classID":19,"name":"Blog"},{"classID":81,"name":"Blog : Billet"},{"classID":101,"name":"Blog : Billet marque blanche"},{"classID":62,"name":"Blog : Blog"},{"classID":99,"name":"Blog : Blog marque blanche"},{"classID":82,"name":"Blog : Rubrique additionnelle"},{"classID":20,"name":"Blog post"},{"classID":127,"name":"Br\u00e8ve"},{"classID":60,"name":"Carrousel : Actu de carrousel"},{"classID":143,"name":"Carrousel : Diapositive autonome"},{"classID":168,"name":"Carrousels"},{"classID":56,"name":"Centre : Site"},{"classID":94,"name":"Centres : Dispatch"},{"classID":13,"name":"Comment"},{"classID":50,"name":"D\u00e9partement : Site"},{"classID":95,"name":"D\u00e9partements : Dispatch"},{"classID":71,"name":"Digital Asset (Media)"},{"classID":24,"name":"Documentation page"},{"classID":154,"name":"Dossier"},{"classID":116,"name":"Dossier 'Parutions'"},{"classID":76,"name":"Dossier 'Quizs'"},{"classID":169,"name":"Dossier actu secondaire"},{"classID":89,"name":"Ev\u00e9nement"},{"classID":88,"name":"Ev\u00e9nements : Racine"},{"classID":40,"name":"Event"},{"classID":41,"name":"Event calendar"},{"classID":22,"name":"Feedback form"},{"classID":28,"name":"File"},{"classID":29,"name":"Flash"},{"classID":1,"name":"Folder"},{"classID":37,"name":"Forum"},{"classID":39,"name":"Forum reply"},{"classID":38,"name":"Forum topic"},{"classID":43,"name":"Forums"},{"classID":23,"name":"Frontpage"},{"classID":35,"name":"Gallery"},{"classID":36,"name":"Geo Article"},{"classID":145,"name":"Glossaire : Mot"},{"classID":30,"name":"Image"},{"classID":25,"name":"Infobox"},{"classID":130,"name":"Instit : Fiche Annuaire"},{"classID":140,"name":"Instit : Nous trouver"},{"classID":48,"name":"Instit : Racine"},{"classID":133,"name":"Instit : Rubrique 'Actu'"},{"classID":139,"name":"Instit : Th\u00e8me 'Annuaire'"},{"classID":134,"name":"Instit : Th\u00e8me 'Missions'"},{"classID":137,"name":"Instit : Th\u00e8me 'Organisation'"},{"classID":135,"name":"Instit : Th\u00e8me 'Rep\u00e8res'"},{"classID":136,"name":"Instit : Th\u00e8me 'Strat\u00e9gie'"},{"classID":46,"name":"Kiosque : Racine"},{"classID":31,"name":"Link"},{"classID":201,"name":"Logo"},{"classID":72,"name":"Magazine"},{"classID":142,"name":"Mediath\u00e8que : Mot cl\u00e9"},{"classID":149,"name":"Mediath\u00e8que : Playlist"},{"classID":52,"name":"Mediath\u00e8que : Racine"},{"classID":150,"name":"Mediath\u00e8que : Rubrique 'Mots cl\u00e9s'"},{"classID":148,"name":"Mediath\u00e8que : Rubrique 'Playlist'"},{"classID":141,"name":"Mediath\u00e8que : Rubrique 'Zoom'"},{"classID":199,"name":"Mediath\u00e8que : Rubrique simple"},{"classID":121,"name":"M\u00e9taprogramme : Site"},{"classID":96,"name":"M\u00e9taprogrammes : Dispatch"},{"classID":161,"name":"Mon Compte"},{"classID":124,"name":"Mon Compte : Utilisateur Front"},{"classID":26,"name":"Multicalendar"},{"classID":119,"name":"Newsletter : Abonn\u00e9"},{"classID":104,"name":"Newsletter : Bloc s\u00e9l\u00e9ction"},{"classID":105,"name":"Newsletter : Bloc texte"},{"classID":103,"name":"Newsletter : Campagne simple"},{"classID":102,"name":"Newsletter : Campagne sp\u00e9ciale"},{"classID":120,"name":"Newsletter : Dossier 'Abonn\u00e9s'"},{"classID":122,"name":"Newsletter : Dossier 'D\u00e9sinscrits'"},{"classID":125,"name":"Newsletter : Dossier 'Entreprises'"},{"classID":126,"name":"Newsletter : Entreprise"},{"classID":100,"name":"Newsletter : Newsletter"},{"classID":92,"name":"Parution"},{"classID":27,"name":"Poll"},{"classID":47,"name":"Portail : Canal"},{"classID":45,"name":"Portail : Racine"},{"classID":53,"name":"Portail : Th\u00e8me"},{"classID":185,"name":"Portrait"},{"classID":163,"name":"Portrait Old"},{"classID":87,"name":"Presse : Accueil public"},{"classID":108,"name":"Presse : Biographie"},{"classID":91,"name":"Presse : Communiqu\u00e9"},{"classID":118,"name":"Presse : Dossier 'Biographies'"},{"classID":112,"name":"Presse : Dossier 'Communiqu\u00e9s'"},{"classID":115,"name":"Presse : Dossier 'Dossiers de presse'"},{"classID":203,"name":"Presse : Dossier 'Kits de presse'"},{"classID":107,"name":"Presse : Dossier de presse"},{"classID":63,"name":"Presse : Inscription"},{"classID":205,"name":"Presse : Kit de presse"},{"classID":51,"name":"Presse : Racine"},{"classID":21,"name":"Product"},{"classID":32,"name":"Quicktime"},{"classID":73,"name":"Quiz : Accueil"},{"classID":74,"name":"Quiz : Question"},{"classID":195,"name":"Quiz : question - r\u00e9ponse"},{"classID":75,"name":"Quiz : R\u00e9ponse"},{"classID":69,"name":"Racine"},{"classID":34,"name":"Real video"},{"classID":179,"name":"RH : Annonce permanente"},{"classID":176,"name":"RH : Annonce temporaire"},{"classID":181,"name":"RH : Article simple"},{"classID":172,"name":"RH : Campagne permanente"},{"classID":180,"name":"RH : Campagne temporaire"},{"classID":207,"name":"RH : Connexion Espagnole"},{"classID":187,"name":"RH : Discipline scientifique"},{"classID":193,"name":"RH : Domaine professionnel"},{"classID":165,"name":"RH : dossier 'Portraits'"},{"classID":177,"name":"RH : Dossier Reportages"},{"classID":183,"name":"RH : Fichier description"},{"classID":184,"name":"RH : Fichier inscription"},{"classID":178,"name":"RH : Folder annonces"},{"classID":197,"name":"RH : mobilit\u00e9 internationale"},{"classID":171,"name":"RH : Proc\u00e9dure"},{"classID":49,"name":"RH : Racine"},{"classID":175,"name":"RH : R\u00e9gion"},{"classID":167,"name":"RH : Rubrique"},{"classID":164,"name":"RH : Rubrique 'Actu'"},{"classID":170,"name":"RH : Rubrique emploi"},{"classID":174,"name":"RH : textes candidatures"},{"classID":189,"name":"RH : Type d'annonce"},{"classID":191,"name":"RH : Type nature de contrat"},{"classID":106,"name":"RSS : Flux"},{"classID":129,"name":"Rubrique texte simple"},{"classID":146,"name":"SEO : Robots txt"},{"classID":147,"name":"SEO : Sitemap xml"},{"classID":151,"name":"SEO : Valeurs par d\u00e9faut"},{"classID":44,"name":"Silverlight"},{"classID":166,"name":"Sites : Rubrique"},{"classID":33,"name":"Windows media"},{"classID":182,"name":"Xiti : Identifiants Home"}]'
>is_container string 1
url string 'sitedept/deptunite24'
url_alias string 'sitedept/deptunite24'
class_identifier string 'inra_departement'
class_name string 'Département : Site'
hidden_invisible_string string '-/-'
hidden_status_string string 'Visible'
classes_js_array string '[{"classID":57,"name":"Actualit\u00e9"},{"classID":131,"name":"Annuaire : Rubrique"},{"classID":16,"name":"Article"},{"classID":17,"name":"Article (main-page)"},{"classID":18,"name":"Article (sub-page)"},{"classID":42,"name":"Banner"},{"classID":19,"name":"Blog"},{"classID":81,"name":"Blog : Billet"},{"classID":101,"name":"Blog : Billet marque blanche"},{"classID":62,"name":"Blog : Blog"},{"classID":99,"name":"Blog : Blog marque blanche"},{"classID":82,"name":"Blog : Rubrique additionnelle"},{"classID":20,"name":"Blog post"},{"classID":127,"name":"Br\u00e8ve"},{"classID":60,"name":"Carrousel : Actu de carrousel"},{"classID":143,"name":"Carrousel : Diapositive autonome"},{"classID":168,"name":"Carrousels"},{"classID":56,"name":"Centre : Site"},{"classID":94,"name":"Centres : Dispatch"},{"classID":13,"name":"Comment"},{"classID":50,"name":"D\u00e9partement : Site"},{"classID":95,"name":"D\u00e9partements : Dispatch"},{"classID":71,"name":"Digital Asset (Media)"},{"classID":24,"name":"Documentation page"},{"classID":154,"name":"Dossier"},{"classID":116,"name":"Dossier 'Parutions'"},{"classID":76,"name":"Dossier 'Quizs'"},{"classID":169,"name":"Dossier actu secondaire"},{"classID":89,"name":"Ev\u00e9nement"},{"classID":88,"name":"Ev\u00e9nements : Racine"},{"classID":40,"name":"Event"},{"classID":41,"name":"Event calendar"},{"classID":22,"name":"Feedback form"},{"classID":28,"name":"File"},{"classID":29,"name":"Flash"},{"classID":1,"name":"Folder"},{"classID":37,"name":"Forum"},{"classID":39,"name":"Forum reply"},{"classID":38,"name":"Forum topic"},{"classID":43,"name":"Forums"},{"classID":23,"name":"Frontpage"},{"classID":35,"name":"Gallery"},{"classID":36,"name":"Geo Article"},{"classID":145,"name":"Glossaire : Mot"},{"classID":30,"name":"Image"},{"classID":25,"name":"Infobox"},{"classID":130,"name":"Instit : Fiche Annuaire"},{"classID":140,"name":"Instit : Nous trouver"},{"classID":48,"name":"Instit : Racine"},{"classID":133,"name":"Instit : Rubrique 'Actu'"},{"classID":139,"name":"Instit : Th\u00e8me 'Annuaire'"},{"classID":134,"name":"Instit : Th\u00e8me 'Missions'"},{"classID":137,"name":"Instit : Th\u00e8me 'Organisation'"},{"classID":135,"name":"Instit : Th\u00e8me 'Rep\u00e8res'"},{"classID":136,"name":"Instit : Th\u00e8me 'Strat\u00e9gie'"},{"classID":46,"name":"Kiosque : Racine"},{"classID":31,"name":"Link"},{"classID":201,"name":"Logo"},{"classID":72,"name":"Magazine"},{"classID":142,"name":"Mediath\u00e8que : Mot cl\u00e9"},{"classID":149,"name":"Mediath\u00e8que : Playlist"},{"classID":52,"name":"Mediath\u00e8que : Racine"},{"classID":150,"name":"Mediath\u00e8que : Rubrique 'Mots cl\u00e9s'"},{"classID":148,"name":"Mediath\u00e8que : Rubrique 'Playlist'"},{"classID":141,"name":"Mediath\u00e8que : Rubrique 'Zoom'"},{"classID":199,"name":"Mediath\u00e8que : Rubrique simple"},{"classID":121,"name":"M\u00e9taprogramme : Site"},{"classID":96,"name":"M\u00e9taprogrammes : Dispatch"},{"classID":161,"name":"Mon Compte"},{"classID":124,"name":"Mon Compte : Utilisateur Front"},{"classID":26,"name":"Multicalendar"},{"classID":119,"name":"Newsletter : Abonn\u00e9"},{"classID":104,"name":"Newsletter : Bloc s\u00e9l\u00e9ction"},{"classID":105,"name":"Newsletter : Bloc texte"},{"classID":103,"name":"Newsletter : Campagne simple"},{"classID":102,"name":"Newsletter : Campagne sp\u00e9ciale"},{"classID":120,"name":"Newsletter : Dossier 'Abonn\u00e9s'"},{"classID":122,"name":"Newsletter : Dossier 'D\u00e9sinscrits'"},{"classID":125,"name":"Newsletter : Dossier 'Entreprises'"},{"classID":126,"name":"Newsletter : Entreprise"},{"classID":100,"name":"Newsletter : Newsletter"},{"classID":92,"name":"Parution"},{"classID":27,"name":"Poll"},{"classID":47,"name":"Portail : Canal"},{"classID":45,"name":"Portail : Racine"},{"classID":53,"name":"Portail : Th\u00e8me"},{"classID":185,"name":"Portrait"},{"classID":163,"name":"Portrait Old"},{"classID":87,"name":"Presse : Accueil public"},{"classID":108,"name":"Presse : Biographie"},{"classID":91,"name":"Presse : Communiqu\u00e9"},{"classID":118,"name":"Presse : Dossier 'Biographies'"},{"classID":112,"name":"Presse : Dossier 'Communiqu\u00e9s'"},{"classID":115,"name":"Presse : Dossier 'Dossiers de presse'"},{"classID":203,"name":"Presse : Dossier 'Kits de presse'"},{"classID":107,"name":"Presse : Dossier de presse"},{"classID":63,"name":"Presse : Inscription"},{"classID":205,"name":"Presse : Kit de presse"},{"classID":51,"name":"Presse : Racine"},{"classID":21,"name":"Product"},{"classID":32,"name":"Quicktime"},{"classID":73,"name":"Quiz : Accueil"},{"classID":74,"name":"Quiz : Question"},{"classID":195,"name":"Quiz : question - r\u00e9ponse"},{"classID":75,"name":"Quiz : R\u00e9ponse"},{"classID":69,"name":"Racine"},{"classID":34,"name":"Real video"},{"classID":179,"name":"RH : Annonce permanente"},{"classID":176,"name":"RH : Annonce temporaire"},{"classID":181,"name":"RH : Article simple"},{"classID":172,"name":"RH : Campagne permanente"},{"classID":180,"name":"RH : Campagne temporaire"},{"classID":207,"name":"RH : Connexion Espagnole"},{"classID":187,"name":"RH : Discipline scientifique"},{"classID":193,"name":"RH : Domaine professionnel"},{"classID":165,"name":"RH : dossier 'Portraits'"},{"classID":177,"name":"RH : Dossier Reportages"},{"classID":183,"name":"RH : Fichier description"},{"classID":184,"name":"RH : Fichier inscription"},{"classID":178,"name":"RH : Folder annonces"},{"classID":197,"name":"RH : mobilit\u00e9 internationale"},{"classID":171,"name":"RH : Proc\u00e9dure"},{"classID":49,"name":"RH : Racine"},{"classID":175,"name":"RH : R\u00e9gion"},{"classID":167,"name":"RH : Rubrique"},{"classID":164,"name":"RH : Rubrique 'Actu'"},{"classID":170,"name":"RH : Rubrique emploi"},{"classID":174,"name":"RH : textes candidatures"},{"classID":189,"name":"RH : Type d'annonce"},{"classID":191,"name":"RH : Type nature de contrat"},{"classID":106,"name":"RSS : Flux"},{"classID":129,"name":"Rubrique texte simple"},{"classID":146,"name":"SEO : Robots txt"},{"classID":147,"name":"SEO : Sitemap xml"},{"classID":151,"name":"SEO : Valeurs par d\u00e9faut"},{"classID":44,"name":"Silverlight"},{"classID":166,"name":"Sites : Rubrique"},{"classID":33,"name":"Windows media"},{"classID":182,"name":"Xiti : Identifiants Home"}]'
is_container string 1
Forest, Grassland and Freshwater Ecology
Associated Centre(s):
Auvergne Rhône-Alpes

Nerve impulses do exist in plants

As early as the 1900s, the Indian biologist Chandra Bose demonstrated the existence of electrical signals in plants.  He measured a response analogous to the action potential of a neuron after stimulating a leaf of the sensitive plant, Mimosa pudica (1).  Although plants do not have any nerves, plant cells can transmit electrical signals comparable to the nerve impulses of animals.  Phloem, which carries sap, may thus constitute a sort of major axon.  Plant equivalents to animal synapses (structures that allow a nerve impulse to move from one neuron to another) are not yet known, but plants produce structures analogous to neurotransmitters such as GABA.

(1) Mimosa pudica is a small tropical plant that folds its leaves within a few seconds of being touched.

Plants communicate what they perceive

A rosette of Arabidopsis thaliana.. © INRA, MEDIENE Safia
A rosette of Arabidopsis thaliana. © INRA, MEDIENE Safia

A series of studies conducted separately within and outside INRA have reached the conclusion that plants transmit their perception of the wind to their neighbours.  Indeed, plants neighbouring a plant that receives the wind will also stop growing in height, within the next 30 minutes.  This transmission is achieved via the emission of ethylene, a hormone that is mobilised in stressful situations.

Bruno Moulia reports other studies that have illustrated communication between plants:  Arabidopsis rosettes that grow next to each other finally touch according to a specific behaviour: the leaves of one rosette become erect, which results in that plant becoming visible to its neighbour by emitting dark red light.  The plants therefore have plenty of time to move away from each other.  "The plant perceives this contact and delivers a warning message, like a red card, inviting the others to keep their distance.  I assimilate this to a hint of a sign, which offers numerous ideas for research" concludes the scientist.